IFC is seeking the services of a qualified consultant(s) to assist IFC client in Mali to develop a business model and business plan. The client is a commercial agricultural laboratory located in Mali which produces large scale elite seeds and seedlings for food crop, traded crops, and industrial processed crops.
The assignment expects the consultant to have in-depth knowledge of the agriculture sector, related value chains with focus on seeds production. Knowledge of plant tissue culture laboratory and nursery will be a plus.
The consultant’s qualifications are further expected to include the following:
• Experience in business model and business planning development.
• Experience/Knowledge in Agricultural technology, controlled agricultural environment, biocontrol projects, in-vitro micropropagation is desirable
• Existing data base of relevant information. Ability to research and collect additional information. Validate data and draw insightful conclusions.
• Proven track record of delivering quality and actionable business model and business plan in the agricultural sector value chains .
• Willingness to work closely with Agrobiotech and its associates.
• Ability to work and present in both English and French.